Synonyms and Antonyms of deplore
- a statement from the company deploring the unintended damage to the environment
- Ed deplored the fact that his guests were seeing his apartment at its messiest.
Synonym Discussion of deplore
- deplores the breakdown in family values
- lamenting the loss of their only child
- fans bewailed the defeat
- purists bemoaning the corruption of the language
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up deplore? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).