variants: also pooh
Synonyms & Antonyms of pooh-pooh
informal to think or say that (something) is not very good or not true
- They pooh-poohed my suggestion.
- He pooh-poohed the idea that the house was haunted.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for pooh-pooh
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for pooh-pooh
- capitulate (to),
- concede (to),
- defer (to),
- goose-step (to),
- stoop (to),
- submit (to),
- surrender (to),
- yield (to)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game