Synonyms and Antonyms of serve
to be a servant for
- a butler who served several prime ministers
to be enough
- They made the pasta serve for eight guests.
to be fitting or proper
- Those old riding boots will serve for now, but you'll need newer ones for the horse show.
fill the bill (or fit the bill)
to behave toward in a stated way
- My parents served me well in preparing me for life.
to have a certain purpose
- The punishment served to teach everyone a lesson.
administer, carry on, control, direct, guide, handle, manage, oversee, regulate, supervise
to provide with something useful or desirable
- an excellent college that served her with the skills necessary to make it in today's job market