:something that produces good or helpful results or effects or that promotes well-being :advantage
- discounted prices and other benefits of a museum membership
- The benefits outweigh the risks of taking the drug.
- reaping the benefits of their hard work
- changes that will be to your benefit
:useful aid :help
- without the benefit of a lawyer
:financial help in time of sickness, old age, or unemployment
- is on unemployment benefit
:a payment or service provided for under an annuity, pension plan, or insurance policy
- collecting his retirement benefits
:a service (such as health insurance) or right (as to take vacation time) provided by an employer in addition to wages or salary
- The job doesn't pay much, but the benefits are good.
:an entertainment or social event to raise funds for a person or cause
- holding a benefit to raise money for the school