Synonyms and Antonyms of adore
- an attentive, solicitous husband who clearly adores his wife
carry a torch for (or carry the torch for), fall for, lose one's heart (to)
- The teen adores her older sister so much that she cannot see her faults.
- worshippers adoring the deity
- I adore those earrings—wherever did you get them?
be partial to, get a kick out of (or charge), go for, have a soft spot for, take to
Synonym Discussion of adore
- a professor revered by her students
- reverenced the academy's code of honor
- heroes still venerated
- worships their memory
- we adored our doctor
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up adore? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).