:to make or set right :amend
- The editor corrected the author's manuscript.
:to alter or adjust so as to bring to some standard or required condition
- correct a lens for spherical aberration
- She's having surgery to correct her vision.
:to discipline or punish (someone) for some fault or lapse
- … I was most rude then. Only a small boy, Sir, and I was corrected for it, I assure you, by my father …
- —Rex Ingamells
:to point out usually for amendment the errors or faults of
- spent the day correcting tests