Synonyms and Antonyms of requite
- The company requited the employee who had fallen on the ice while leaving work by promptly paying all his medical bills, hoping that would stave off a lawsuit.
- The writer would later requite the harsh treatment his family suffered when he was a child by creating scathing portraits of the upper classes in his novels.
get even (for)
- I fear my love for her will never be requited.
Synonym Discussion of requite
- reciprocated their hospitality by inviting them for a visit
- the enemy retaliated by executing their prisoners
- requited her love with cold indifference
- returned their call
- return good for evil
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up requite? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).