Synonyms and Antonyms of abjure
- The woman abjured some long-held beliefs when she converted to another religion.
- a strict religious sect that abjures the luxuries, comforts, and conveniences of the modern world
Synonym Discussion of abjure
- abjured the errors of his former faith
- renounced abstract art and turned to portrait painting
- I cannot forswear my principles
- if they recant they will be spared
- the newspaper had to retract the story
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up abjure? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).