Synonyms and Antonyms of interpret
- a passage in the poem that scholars haven't been able to interpret to everyone's satisfaction
- The actor interpreted the role of Fletcher Christian in a challengingly new way.
Synonym Discussion of interpret
- explain the rules
- expounding a scientific theory
- explicate a poem
- elucidate an obscure passage
- interpreting a work of art
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up interpret? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).