Synonyms & Antonyms of masquerade
(Entry 1 of 2)
a display of emotion or behavior that is insincere or intended to deceive
- although she was deeply bored, she maintained a masquerade of polite interest as her guest droned on
Synonyms for masquerade
Words Related to masquerade
- double cross,
Near Antonyms for masquerade
Synonyms of masquerade (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game