Synonyms and Antonyms of expound
- a rambling interview in which the celebrated author expounds his views on an array of topics
give air to, put forth
- At the start of the trial the judge expounded the legal difference between libel and slander to the jury.
Synonym Discussion of expound
- explain the rules
- expounding a scientific theory
- explicate a poem
- elucidate an obscure passage
- interpreting a work of art
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up expound? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).