:to form or have in the mind
:to have as an intention
:to have as an opinion
:to determine by reflecting
:to call to mind :remember
- He never thinks to ask how we are.
:to devise by thinking
—usually used with up
- thought up a plan to escape
:to have as an expectation :anticipate
- We didn't think we'd have any trouble.
:to center one's thoughts on
- talks and thinks business
:to form a mental picture of
:to subject to the processes of logical thought
:to exercise the powers of judgment, conception, or inference :reason
:to have in the mind or call to mind a thought
:to have the mind engaged in reflection :meditate
:to consider the suitability
- thought of her for president
:to have a view or opinion
- thinks of himself as a poet
:to have concern
—usually used with of
- I must think first of my family.
:to consider something likely :suspect
- may happen sooner than you think
think better of
:to reconsider and make a wiser decision
think much of
:to view with satisfaction :approve
—usually used in negative constructions
- I didn't think much of the new car.