: to form or have in the mind
: to have as an intention
: to have as an opinion
: to determine by reflecting
: to call to mind : remember
- He never thinks to ask how we are.
: to devise by thinking
—usually used with up
- thought up a plan to escape
: to have as an expectation : anticipate
- We didn't think we'd have any trouble.
: to center one's thoughts on
- talks and thinks business
: to form a mental picture of
: to subject to the processes of logical thought
: to exercise the powers of judgment, conception, or inference : reason
: to have in the mind or call to mind a thought
: to have the mind engaged in reflection : meditate
: to consider the suitability
- thought of her for president
: to have a view or opinion
- thinks of himself as a poet
: to have concern
—usually used with of
- I must think first of my family.
: to consider something likely : suspect
- may happen sooner than you think
think better of
: to reconsider and make a wiser decision
think much of
: to view with satisfaction : approve
—usually used in negative constructions
- I didn't think much of the new car.