think outside the boxidiom
Definition of think outside the box
: to explore ideas that are creative and unusual and that are not limited or controlled by rules or tradition To solve this puzzle, you'll have to think outside the box.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game