come to think of itidiom
Definition of come to think of it
—used in speech to say that one has just remembered or thought of something The meeting is next Tuesday, which, come to think of it, is also the date of my doctor's appointment.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game