come to trialidiom
Definition of come to trial
: to be presented at a formal meeting in a court so that a decision can be made according to the law based on evidence presented to a judge and often a jury The case never came to trial.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game