Synonyms and Antonyms of figure
a character used to represent a mathematical value
- No doubt the figures on the price tags at the jewelry store are so small because the zeroes are so many.
a line that traces the outer limits of an object or surface
- We could gradually see the figure of a ship coming our way through the fog.
a person who is widely known and usually much talked about
- Figures from the worlds of sport and entertainment will be guests at the White House dinner.
cause célèbre (also cause celebre), celeb, celebrity, icon (also ikon), light, luminary, megastar, name, notability, notable, notoriety, personage, personality, somebody, standout, star, superstar, VIP
favorite, heartthrob, hero, idol
demigod, dignitary, eminence, immortal, monument, pillar, worthy
baron, big shot, bigwig, kahuna, magnate, mogul, nabob, panjandrum
a small statue
- Painted wooden figures by untrained artists can be quite valuable on today's antiques market.
doll, dolly, hand puppet, marionette, puppet
carving, model, sculpture
dummy, form, manikin (also mannikin), mannequin
a three-dimensional representation of the human body used especially for displaying clothes
- The museum features a collection of figures strikingly attired in suits of medieval armor.
a unit of decoration that is repeated all over something (as a fabric)
- upholstered the chair with a fabric embossed with figures of fleur-de-lis
something that visually explains or decorates a text
- The layout editor could have done a better job of getting the figures on the same page as the specific portion of text that they are intended to illustrate.
drawing, illumination, image, pictogram, pictograph, picture
caption, key, legend
depiction, pictorialization, portrait, portrayal, representation
clarification, elucidation, explanation, explication, exposition
the amount of money that is demanded as payment for something
- A number of the paintings at the auction sold at figures far higher than had been estimated.
market value, valuation, value
asking price, list price, sticker price
price point, rate, tariff, unit price
carrying charge, overcharge, service charge (also service fee), surcharge
account, bill, check, invoice, tab
the outward appearance of something as distinguished from its substance
- The ice sculpture at the banquet was in the figure of an eagle spreading its wings.
contour, outline, profile, silhouette
frame, framework, shell, skeleton
arrangement, design, format, layout, makeup, organization, pattern, plan, setup
the type of body that a person has
- an aging athlete who maintained a youthful figure
the act or process of performing mathematical operations to find a value
- a person with a good head for figures
arithmetic, calculation, calculus, ciphering, computation, figuring, math, mathematics, number crunching, numbers, reckoning
the outward form of someone or something especially as indicative of a quality
- Unshaven and dirty, he presents a sorry figure.
air, attitude, bearing, behavior, comportment, demeanor, deportment, manner, poise, pose
carriage, posture, stance
cast, mold, shape, turn
color, coloring, complexion
countenance, face, features, physiognomy, visage