Synonyms and Antonyms of division
- one of the major divisions of birds
- The assembly line was a major development in the division of labor among workers.
- the person in charge of the division of the profits among the business partners
- We're trying to resolve the division between our two countries.
Synonym Discussion of division
- they ran only part of the way
- cut the pie into six portions
- a puzzle with 500 pieces
- a structural member
- the manufacturing division of the company
- the entertainment section of the newspaper
- the retired segment of the population
- only a fragment of the play still exists
Learn More about division
See words that rhyme with division Dictionary: Definition of division Medical Dictionary: Definition of division Spanish Central: Translation of division Nglish: Translation of division for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of division for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about division
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up division? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).