Synonyms and Antonyms of separation
- the separation of Norway and Sweden into two independent nations in 1905
- The separation of church and state is an important concept in the United States.
- a sudden separation of the herd of deer when they were startled
parting of the ways
- the narrow separation between posts in the fence
- friends who dreaded the inevitable separation after graduation
Learn More about separation
See words that rhyme with separation Dictionary: Definition of separation Medical Dictionary: Definition of separation Spanish Central: Translation of separation Nglish: Translation of separation for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of separation for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about separation
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up separation? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).