Synonyms and Antonyms of illustration
- This book on birds has gorgeous illustrations.
- She gave several illustrations until she was understood.
- The doctor sketched an illustration to explain the procedure to the patient.
- chose one essay as an illustration of the high quality of the collection
case in point
Synonym Discussion of illustration
- an instance of history repeating itself
- a case of mistaken identity
- a telling illustration of Murphy's Law
- a typical example of bureaucratic waste
- show us a sample of your work
- one of the finest specimens of the jeweler's art
Learn More about illustration
See words that rhyme with illustration Dictionary: Definition of illustration Spanish Central: Translation of illustration Nglish: Translation of illustration for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of illustration for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about illustration
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up illustration? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).