Synonyms and Antonyms of ruminate
- The minister hoped that the congregation would spend the remainder of the week ruminating the message of his sermon.
beat one's brains out (about), chew on, cudgel one's brains (about), look at
Synonym Discussion of ruminate
- pondered the course of action
- meditated on the meaning of life
- mused upon childhood joys
- ruminated on past disappointments
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ruminate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).