Synonyms & Antonyms of dignitary
a person who has a high rank or an important position
- The dinner was attended by many foreign dignitaries.
- dignitaries of the church
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for dignitary
- cause célèbre
- (also cause celebre),
- (also ikon),
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for dignitary
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game