Synonyms and Antonyms of nurse
- Jim willingly lent a hand to nurse his grandmother in her final years, helping her get from one room to the other and making sure she was warm.
look after, look out for, look to, see to, take care of, wait on (also wait upon)
- He continues to nurse a tender affection for his first girlfriend.
hang on to, hold on to
- nursed his sprained ankle for the rest of the week
- As foster parents they accepted and nursed 16 needy children over the years.
- Her teachers did much to nurse her literary talent.
- He carefully nursed his energy during the marathon so that he would have something left for the final stretch.
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up nurse? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).