Synonyms and Antonyms of gross
- He was thrown out of the game for using gross language.
- She refused to mix with what she called "the gross masses who are unappreciative of fine art."
- a gross mistake that some proofreader should have caught
- The little boy insisted that worms are gross.
abhorrent, abominable, appalling, awful, disgusting, distasteful, dreadful, evil, foul, fulsome, hideous, horrendous, horrible, horrid, loathsome, nasty, nauseating, nauseous, noisome, noxious, obnoxious, obscene, odious, offensive, rancid, repellent (also repellant), repugnant, repulsive, revolting, scandalous, shocking, sickening, ugly
acceptable, agreeable, alluring, appealing, attractive, blessed (also blest), desirable, enjoyable, felicitous, gratifying, heavenly, inviting, likable (or likeable), luscious, nice, palatable, pleasant, pleasing, pleasurable, satisfying, savory (also savoury), sweet, welcome
Synonym Discussion of gross
- found the coarse humor of coworkers offensive
- a loud vulgar belch
- gross eating habits
- obscene language not allowed on the air
- entertained the campers with ribald folk songs
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up gross? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).