Synonyms and Antonyms of monstrous
- a monstrous melon that was clearly not fit to eat
- the monstrous injustice perpetrated against them
- a monstrous tomato as big as a basketball
astronomical (also astronomic), bumper, colossal, cosmic (also cosmical), elephantine, enormous, galactic, gargantuan, giant, gigantic, grand, herculean, heroic (also heroical), huge, humongous (also humungous), immense, jumbo, king-size (or king-sized), leviathan, mammoth, massive, mega, mighty, monster, monumental, mountainous, oceanic, planetary, prodigious, super, supersize, supersized, titanic, tremendous, vast, vasty, walloping, whacking, whopping
big, bulky, considerable, extensive, good, goodly, great, gross, handsome, hefty, hulking, largish, major, outsize (also outsized), overgrown, oversize (or oversized), sizable (or sizeable), substantial, tidy, voluminous
- Some monstrous high-rises have begun to spoil that lovely residential neighborhood.
Synonym Discussion of monstrous
- the monstrous waste of the project
- made a prodigious effort and rolled the stone aside
- the tremendous roar of the cataract
- a stupendous volcanic eruption
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up monstrous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).