Synonyms and Antonyms of vulgar
- paintings that appeal to vulgar tastes
- a warning about the movie's vulgar language
- The vulgar opinion is that there is a need for change.
- vulgar behavior shown by someone who's made a lot of money and wants everyone to know it
- Latin was once the language of scholars, and English the vulgar language used by the common people.
Synonym Discussion of vulgar
- a common error
- lacked common honesty
- common manners
- an ordinary pleasant summer day
- a very ordinary sort of man
- plain hard-working people
- a familiar melody
- a writer of popular romances
- souvenirs designed to appeal to the vulgar taste
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up vulgar? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).