Synonyms and Antonyms of singular
- The novelist's singular command of the language makes her a compelling voice in contemporary fiction.
- Appearing on the game show has been the most singular experience of my life.
- Preserving our national heritage is not a singular responsibility but our collective duty.
- This crime was a singular case, and using it as a reason for revising the criminal code would be ill-advised.
Synonym Discussion of singular
- a journey filled with strange sights
- a singular feeling of impending disaster
- a career unique in the annals of science
- the peculiar status of America's first lady
- the eccentric eating habits of preschoolers
- a friend's suddenly erratic behavior
- an odd sense of humor
- a quaint fishing village
- outlandish fashions of the time
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up singular? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).