Synonyms and Antonyms of common
- Horse ranches are a common sight in that part of the state.
a dime a dozen
- just a common house cat but an extraordinary friend
par for the course
- facts of common knowledge
- a man of wealth and privilege who mingled without pretense with the common folk
- a politician who works not for the special interests but for the common good
- used a common bathroom while at the campground
- She has a common singing voice that's good enough for performing at those venues.
A1, capital, distinguished, excellent, exceptional, fine, first-class, first-rate, grand, great, matchless, maximum, number one (also No. 1), optimal, optimum, outstanding, par excellence, peerless, preeminent, prime, sensational, special, splendid, stellar, sterling, superb, superior, superlative, supreme, swell, terrific, tip-top, top, top-notch
- furniture of common workmanship that did not justify the high prices
- She thought him common and ill-bred.
Synonym Discussion of common
- a common error
- lacked common honesty
- common manners
- an ordinary pleasant summer day
- a very ordinary sort of man
- plain hard-working people
- a familiar melody
- a writer of popular romances
- souvenirs designed to appeal to the vulgar taste
Learn More about common
See words that rhyme with common Dictionary: Definition of common Medical Dictionary: Definition of common Spanish Central: Translation of common Nglish: Translation of common for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of common for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about common
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up common? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).