Synonyms and Antonyms of exquisite
- Jane felt such exquisite anger at being betrayed by a so-called friend that she could hardly think straight.
- Exquisite pen-and-ink drawings of city scenes grace the walls of the formal restaurant.
classic, excellent, fabulous, first-class, first-rate, grand, great, marvelous (or marvellous), noble, outstanding, par excellence, premium, prime, sensational, splendid, stellar, sterling, superb, superior, superlative, supernal, terrific, tip-top, top, top-notch, transcendent, unsurpassed, wonderful
- Waiters at the wedding reception served exquisite hors d'oeuvres from silver trays.
Synonym Discussion of exquisite
- choice fabric
- an exquisite gold bracelet
- a sumptuous but elegant dining room
- rare beauty
- delicate craftsmanship
- dainty sandwiches
Learn More about exquisite
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up exquisite? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).