Synonyms and Antonyms of ordinary
- It was a perfectly ordinary and undistinguished shirt.
par for the course
- The pizza at that restaurant is just ordinary—it's nothing to write home about.
A1, capital, distinguished, excellent, exceptional, fine, first-class, first-rate, grand, great, matchless, maximum, number one (also No. 1), optimal, optimum, outstanding, par excellence, peerless, preeminent, prime, sensational, special, splendid, stellar, sterling, superb, superior, superlative, supreme, swell, terrific, tip-top, top, top-notch
- an ordinary hairstyle for boys of that age
a dime a dozen
Synonym Discussion of ordinary
- a common error
- lacked common honesty
- common manners
- an ordinary pleasant summer day
- a very ordinary sort of man
- plain hard-working people
- a familiar melody
- a writer of popular romances
- souvenirs designed to appeal to the vulgar taste
Learn More about ordinary
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ordinary? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).