Synonyms and Antonyms of distinguished
- Heads turned as the well-dressed, distinguished couple strode through the hotel lobby.
- a distinguished astronomer who is widely respected in the field
Synonym Discussion of distinguished
- a famous actress
- one of the most renowned figures in sports history
- the most celebrated beauty of her day
- the noted mystery writer
- a notorious gangster
- a distinguished scientist who won the Nobel Prize
- the country's most eminent writers
- illustrious war heroes
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up distinguished? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).