Synonyms and Antonyms of grim
- a grim and desolate landscape
- a grim and short-tempered shopkeeper who didn't exactly invite friendly conversation
fixed, hard, hardened, hardheaded, immovable, implacable, inflexible, ironhanded, mulish, obdurate, obstinate, rigid, self-willed, set, stiff, stubborn, unbending, uncompromising, unrelenting, unyielding, willful (or wilful)
- This winter is supposed to be particularly grim, so stock up on firewood.
- With grim determination, the parents worked long hours to put their children through college.
- grim warriors heading into battle
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up grim? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).