Synonyms and Antonyms of perverse
- how can you be so cheerful one day, and so perverse the next?
- social conservatives who believe that Hollywood is a perverse world that exerts an unhealthy influence on the young
- a fact so self-evident that not even the most perverse of opponents could deny it
adamant, adamantine, bullheaded, dogged, hard, hard-nosed, hardened, hardheaded, headstrong, immovable, implacable, inconvincible, inflexible, intransigent, mulish, obdurate, obstinate, opinionated, ossified, pat, pertinacious, pigheaded, self-opinionated, self-willed, stiff-necked, stubborn, unbending, uncompromising, unrelenting, unyielding, willful (or wilful)
- a convicted criminal seemed like a perverse choice for a bank employee
Synonym Discussion of perverse
- a contrary child
- a perverse, intractable critic
- tired soldiers growing restive
- a balky witness
- a school for wayward youths
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up perverse? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).