Synonyms and Antonyms of unruly
- a mother dog trying to look after her unruly litter of pups
adamant, adamantine, dogged, hardheaded, headstrong, immovable, implacable, inflexible, mulish, obdurate, obstinate, opinionated, peevish, pertinacious, pigheaded, rigid, self-willed, stubborn, unbending, uncompromising, unrelenting, unyielding
- had a mop of unruly hair
out of hand
- Police tried to eject unruly fans.
Synonym Discussion of unruly
- unruly children
- ungovernable rage
- intractable opponents of the hazardous-waste dump
- special schools for refractory children
- acts of sabotage by a recalcitrant populace
- a willful disregard for the rights of others
- a headstrong young cavalry officer
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up unruly? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).