Synonyms and Antonyms of obstreperous
- an obstreperous crowd protesting the referee's call
- The club's president was at his wits' end with obstreperous members who refused to cooperate.
adamant, adamantine, dogged, hardheaded, headstrong, immovable, implacable, inflexible, mulish, obdurate, obstinate, opinionated, peevish, pertinacious, pigheaded, rigid, self-willed, stubborn, unbending, uncompromising, unrelenting, unyielding
Synonym Discussion of obstreperous
- vociferous cries of protest and outrage
- clamorous demands for prison reforms
- blatant rock music
- a blatant clamor for impeachment
- heard the strident cry of the crow
- a boisterous crowd of party goers
- the obstreperous demonstrators were arrested
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up obstreperous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).