Synonyms and Antonyms of noisy
making loud, confused, and usually unharmonious sounds
- The noisy crowd marched up the street, shouting ever louder as they approached the palace.
blatant, obstreperous, strident, vociferous
blaring, booming, brassy, brazen, clanging, earsplitting, jangly
full of or characterized by the presence of noise
- The crowded auditorium was noisy, packed with excited theatergoers eager for the show to start.
- The manufacturing plant was a decidedly noisy place, so we wore ear protection while we toured it.
buzzing, humming, murmuring
blustery, boisterous, raucous, rip-roaring, roaring, roistering, romping, rowdy
tumultuous, woolly (also wooly)
- The wallpaper was far too noisy for what was supposed to be a restful bedroom.
flamboyant, flaring, flashy, garish, gaudy, glitzy, loud, ostentatious, razzle-dazzle, splashy, swank (or swanky)
extravagant, fulsome, hammy, overdone, over-the-top, overwrought
baroque, bedizened, ornate
blaring, bright, florid, glaring, glittery, overbright, spectacular
graceless, inelegant, lurid, tacky, tasteless, tawdry, tinselly, vulgar
likely to attract attention
- The movie was preceded by months of noisy hype.
arresting, bold, brilliant, catchy, commanding, conspicuous, dramatic, emphatic, eye-catching, flamboyant, marked, noticeable, prominent, pronounced, remarkable, showy, splashy, striking
detectable, discernible (also discernable), observable, perceptible, recognizable, visible
distinguished, eminent, impressive, notable, noteworthy
flagrant, glaring, howling, screaming
flashy, garish, gaudy, glitzy, jazzy, loud, meretricious, swank (or swanky), tawdry
highfalutin (also hifalutin), ostentatious, pretentious
extravagant, fancy, florid, glittery, spectacular
opulent, ornate, overdone, overwrought
concealed, hidden, shrouded
dim, faint, obscure
insignificant, undistinguished, unimportant
modest, unaffected, unassuming, unpretentious
conservative, plain, quiet, simple, understated
muted, restrained, subdued, toned-down