Synonyms & Antonyms of strident
sounding harsh, forceful, and unpleasant
- They heard their boss's strident voice from down the hall.
- The critical questions began to anger the professor and the tone of her answers became noticeably more strident.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for strident
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for strident
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game