Synonyms and Antonyms of strident
- They heard their boss's strident voice from down the hall.
- The critical questions began to anger the professor and the tone of her answers became noticeably more strident.
Synonym Discussion of strident
- loud shouts of protest
- an actor with a stentorian voice
- the earsplitting sound of a siren
- the raucous shouts of drunken revelers
- the strident voices of hecklers
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up strident? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).