Synonyms and Antonyms of sharp
- Be careful, as that knife is sharp enough to slice off a finger.
- a sharp cheese
- wore a sharp suit to his first big job interview
- a television personality who's known as a sharp dresser
- I got chapped lips from sailing all day in that sharp wind.
- sharp business practices that are being investigated by the state's consumer protection agency
- a sharp customer who wasn't about to be taken in by that smooth-tongued salesman
birdbrained, brain-dead, brainless, dim-witted, dopey (also dopy), dumb, empty-headed, feebleminded, half-witted, knuckleheaded, lamebrain (or lamebrained), lunkheaded, simple, slow, slow-witted, softheaded, stupid, thickheaded, thick-witted, unintelligent, weak-minded
- Any sharp student would have noticed the error immediately.
absurd, asinine, balmy, cockeyed, crackpot, crazy, cuckoo, daffy, daft, dippy, dotty, fool, half-baked, harebrained, insane, kooky (also kookie), loony (also looney), lunatic, mad, nonsensical, nutty, preposterous, sappy, screwball, tomfool, wacky (also whacky), zany
airheaded, birdbrained, boneheaded, brain-dead, brainless, bubbleheaded, chuckleheaded, dense, dim, dim-witted, doltish, dopey (also dopy), dorky [slang], dull, dumb, dunderheaded, empty-headed, fatuous, half-witted, knuckleheaded, lamebrain (or lamebrained), lunkheaded, mindless, obtuse, opaque, pinheaded, senseless, simple, slow, slow-witted, soft, softheaded, stupid, thick, thickheaded, thick-witted, unintelligent, vacuous, weak-minded, witless
- an unnecessarily sharp retort to a perfectly civil question
- You have sharp eyes!
- a spell of unusually sharp weather for this time of year
Synonym Discussion of sharp
- sharp enough to spot a confidence game
- a keen observer of the political scene
- an acute sense of style
Learn More about sharp
See words that rhyme with sharp Dictionary: Definition of sharp Medical Dictionary: Definition of sharp Spanish Central: Translation of sharp Nglish: Translation of sharp for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of sharp for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about sharp
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up sharp? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).