Synonyms and Antonyms of artful
- The artful lawyer got the witness to admit he had been lying.
- That kitchen gadget is an artful tool for extracting cherry pits.
- That was an artful way to handle a very delicate situation.
Synonym Discussion of artful
- a sly corporate raider
- the cunning fox avoided the trap
- a crafty lefthander
- the wily fugitive escaped the posse
- a tricky political operative
- a foxy publicity man planting stories
- elicited the information by artful questioning
- slick operators selling time-sharing
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up artful? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).