Synonyms and Antonyms of delicate
- A heavy sauce would spoil the delicate flavor of this fish.
- Only a person with delicate taste buds could tell the difference between these two wines.
- the delicate handling of a difficult diplomatic situation
- delicate glassware that must be carefully wrapped for shipping
- the delicate ecosystem of the wetlands
- a cat of delicate tastes
- delicate perfumes that connoisseurs of scents appreciate
classic, excellent, fabulous, first-class, first-rate, grand, great, marvelous (or marvellous), noble, outstanding, par excellence, premium, prime, sensational, splendid, stellar, sterling, superb, superior, superlative, supernal, terrific, tip-top, top, top-notch, transcendent, unsurpassed, wonderful
- a delicate child who was never allowed to play sports
- delicate measurements that are only possible using the latest technology
- extremely delicate instruments such as an atomic clock
- A delicate breeze was floating in from the open window.
- a delicate situation that must be treated carefully
Synonym Discussion of delicate
- choice fabric
- an exquisite gold bracelet
- a sumptuous but elegant dining room
- rare beauty
- delicate craftsmanship
- dainty sandwiches
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up delicate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).