Synonyms and Antonyms of delicacy
something that is pleasing to eat because it is rare or a luxury
- presented with a plate of national delicacies while they waited for the queen
the state or quality of having a delicate structure
- We never cease to marvel at the delicacy of a snowflake.
the tendency to be or state of being squeamish
- The urgent need for blood prompted many people to overcome their habitual delicacy and become first-time donors.
the quality or state of being very accurate
- The delicacy of the watch movement is incredible.
accuracy, accurateness, closeness, exactitude, exactness, fineness, nicety, perfection, preciseness, precision, rigor, rigorousness, ultraprecision, veracity
correctness, fidelity, rightness, strictness, truth
definiteness, definitiveness, definitude, determinacy
care, carefulness, fastidiousness, meticulousness, persnicketiness
the quality or state of lacking physical strength or vigor
- All of her life the shy poet gave the appearance of extreme delicacy.
debilitation, debility, enervation, enfeeblement, faintness, feebleness, fragility, frailness, frailty, infirmity, languidness, languor, listlessness, lowness, weakness, wimpiness
breakdown, collapse, prostration
exhaustion, fatigue, lassitude, weariness
defenselessness, helplessness, impotence, impuissance, powerlessness
effeteness, softness, tenderness
disablement, incapacitation, invalidism
damage, harm, hurt, impairment, injury
brawniness, fitness, heftiness, huskiness, lustiness, muscularity, virility
hardness, ruggedness, stoutness, sturdiness, toughness
health, healthiness, soundness, wellness
the state or quality of being able to sense slight impressions or differences
- The delicacy of the sensor is such that it will be affected by the slightest vibration.