Synonyms and Antonyms of closeness
the practice or habit of keeping secrets or keeping one's affairs secret
- The reporter tried to penetrate her closeness about her private life.
discreetness, discretion, prudence
reserve, reticence, silence, taciturnity
furtiveness, shiftiness, slyness, sneakiness, underhandedness
concealment, covertness, stealth, subterfuge
the quality or practice of being overly sparing with money
- rebelled against his parents' closeness with his allowance
conserving, economizing, economy, frugality, husbandry, providence, scrimping, skimping, thrift
bountifulness, bounty, generosity, largesse (also largess), liberality, openhandedness, openheartedness, philanthropy, unselfishness
dissipation, improvidence, prodigality, squandering, wastefulness
the quality or state of being very accurate
- The body was too decomposed to estimate the time of death with any great closeness.
accuracy, accurateness, delicacy, exactitude, exactness, fineness, nicety, perfection, preciseness, precision, rigor, rigorousness, ultraprecision, veracity
correctness, fidelity, rightness, strictness, truth
definiteness, definitiveness, definitude, determinacy
care, carefulness, fastidiousness, meticulousness, persnicketiness
the state of being in a very personal or private relationship
- The closeness of their relationship was a matter of intense speculation among their coworkers.
commitment, devotedness, devotion
affection, attachment, fondness, love, passion
constancy, faithfulness, fidelity
amity, fellowship, friendship, goodwill
affability, conviviality, cordiality, geniality
the state or condition of being near
- We were surprised by the closeness of everything to our downtown loft.
strict attentiveness to what one is doing
- How much you get out of the lecture will depend on the closeness with which you listen to it.
advertence, advertency, attention, concentration, focus, observance, observation
alertness, mindfulness, vigilance, watchfulness
dutifulness, irreproachability, irreproachableness, punctiliousness, responsibility
bother, effort, painstaking, trouble
exactness, particularity, precision