Synonyms and Antonyms of vague
- He gave as vague a reply as he could, hoping not to give away the surprise.
- I have only a vague idea of what you're talking about!
Synonym Discussion of vague
- obscure poems
- muttered dark hints of revenge
- a vague sense of obligation
- enigmatic occult writings
- cryptic hints of hidden treasure
- an ambiguous directive
- moral precepts with equivocal phrasing
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up vague? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).