Synonyms and Antonyms of enigmatic
- The discovery of the abandoned ship in mid ocean remains one of the most enigmatic episodes in seafaring history.
- the Mona Lisa's enigmatic smile
Synonym Discussion of enigmatic
- obscure poems
- muttered dark hints of revenge
- a vague sense of obligation
- enigmatic occult writings
- cryptic hints of hidden treasure
- an ambiguous directive
- moral precepts with equivocal phrasing
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up enigmatic? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).