Synonyms and Antonyms of cryptic
- puzzled by the cryptic e-mail message left on his computer
- The oracle offered only cryptic predictions that could be interpreted any number of different ways.
Synonym Discussion of cryptic
- obscure poems
- muttered dark hints of revenge
- a vague sense of obligation
- enigmatic occult writings
- cryptic hints of hidden treasure
- an ambiguous directive
- moral precepts with equivocal phrasing
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up cryptic? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).