Synonyms and Antonyms of equivocal
- The evidence that this latest diet really results in lasting weight loss is certainly equivocal.
- He responded to the reporters' questions with equivocal answers.
- A number of people are clearly equivocal about allowing casino gambling in the state.
Synonym Discussion of equivocal
- obscure poems
- muttered dark hints of revenge
- a vague sense of obligation
- enigmatic occult writings
- cryptic hints of hidden treasure
- an ambiguous directive
- moral precepts with equivocal phrasing
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up equivocal? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).