Synonyms and Antonyms of susceptible
- Some people are more susceptible to depression during the winter because of reduced exposure to sunlight.
at risk, in deep water, in jeopardy
- completely susceptible and totally defenseless against the imploring eyes of the puppy in the pet store
in the lurch
- Having recently lost his job, he was more susceptible to the illusory promises of get-rich-quick schemes.
Synonym Discussion of susceptible
- liable to get lost
- a claim open to question
- exposed to infection
- all reports are subject to review
- prone to delay
- very susceptible to flattery
- unduly sensitive to criticism
Learn More about susceptible
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up susceptible? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).