Synonyms and Antonyms of liable
- Because of his frail constitution, he's liable to diseases.
at risk, in deep water, in jeopardy
- The owner of a pet is liable for any damage that that pet might do.
Synonym Discussion of liable
- liable to get lost
- a claim open to question
- exposed to infection
- all reports are subject to review
- prone to delay
- very susceptible to flattery
- unduly sensitive to criticism
synonyms see in addition responsible
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up liable? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).