Synonyms and Antonyms of liability
a feature of someone or something that creates difficulty for achieving success
- His small size was a liability as a football player.
albatross, millstone, stranglehold
bar, catch, check, clog, crimp, embarrassment, hindrance, hitch, hurdle, impediment, interference, let, manacle, obstacle, obstruction, rub, shackle, stop, trammel
head start, jump, lead, margin, start
ascendancy (also ascendency), better, command, control, drop, mastery, predominance, superiority, supremacy, transcendence, upper hand
aid, assistance, help
the state of being held as the cause of something that needs to be set right
- The liability for the accident is held by the person who was driving too fast.
the state of being left without shelter or protection against something harmful
- Failure to properly clean the wound could increase your liability to infection.
the quality or state of being likely to occur
- What's the liability that he'll file a formal complaint if he's refused admission?
usually liabilities plural
something (as money) which is owed
- Your liabilities total about $200,000.