Synonyms & Antonyms of tenuous
lacking strength, permanence, or resilience
- The countries formed a tenuous political alliance.
- The moon has a tenuous atmosphere that frequently fluctuates in thickness.
Synonyms for tenuous
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for tenuous
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for tenuous
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors