Synonyms & Antonyms of prissy
informal + disapproving having or showing the annoying attitude of people who care too much about dressing and behaving properly and who are easily upset by other people's behavior, language, etc.
- She was too prissy to wear jeans.
- a prissy do-gooder
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for prissy
- (or choosey),
- [chiefly British],
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for prissy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game